Another New SPRINTSTer Joins the List

Hello All,

Three weeks ago I stopped at Competition Cycle in Grand Junction.  Just
looking, you know.  Well, after about two hours of looking, a test ride on a
Sprint RS got me seriously thinking about how nice it might be to have a
smooth running, powerful bike for long distance touring.  My first
consideration was a blue Ducati ST2 marked down with a good end-of-season
sale price.  The salesman (Scott) then indicated he could offer an even more
attractive sale price on the black Sprint ST parked nearby. Well, I liked
the look and feel of the ST and the ride on the RS had already sold me on
Triumph's 955 triple.

I left the shop with one less Honda XR650L and a promise of delivery on the
black Sprint ST as soon as the fuel sender could be changed.

I took delivery of my new toy this past week, did about 100 miles of varied
speed break in driving minding the 3500 RPM red line and finally brought her
home.  Luckily, I found Vail Pass and the Eisenhower Tunnel with clear roads
(a bit wet, but no ice).

Looks like winter storms heading my way right now, so I'll have to content
myself with polishing and examining every detail of the bike this week (and
reading all of your postings on the Sprint).

Dale Wheatley
00 Sprint ST
No more XR650L! (I'm gonna miss that bike)