Re: sprocket and chain wear

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Leatherbiker" <leatherbiker@xxxxxxxxxxx>

> Ian,
> I'm  not sure I like the tone of your response
> Are you trying to insinuate that I abuse my chain?
>
> : ) -
>
> If so, I wish someone would tell me how to treat it more kindly.
>
> I lube it frequently, wash it every so often to get the gunge off
> even use a brush to remove stubborn, caked-on bits of gravel and salt etc.
> so where am I going wrong?
> and should I be thinking of buying cotton buds and baby oil instead?
>
> Tim

Tim,

All of the above are essential but if you are neglecting your chains
emotional needs then so be it :-)

Seriously though all I do is use a Lubetronic chain oiler and adjust
regularly.
The chain oiler tends to make the rear of the bike a bit messy but with
winter coming this is just extra salt protection.

Regards, Ian
Kent, England