Re: Answer back from Lilley's

From: Neil Lindsey
>I think Kathy thought the one she was being offered was made by Jack
>Lilley's.  From the Triumph accessories and clothing catalogue, which
should
>be available gratus from your dealer, the part # for the faux carbon fibre
>rear hugger is A9748020.  From the picture it looks to me like it's the
same
>stuff as used for the Tank Pad (which I have on my ST).  Both are referred
>to as 'carbon fibre' however in the descriptions.

Uh....I bought the tank pad for my RS. I also bought the master cylinder
cover (a.k.a. "heel guard"), and I held the rear hugger in my hand, but
decided not to buy it.

The rear hugger and the master cylinder cover are NOT true carbon fibre, but
a good facsimile. The Triumph tank pad I have, however, is real carbon fibre
construction, without question. I know this material when I see it, because
it was top-secret stuff when I test-machined some of it years ago...for the
B-2 Stealth Bomber. I suppose it's possible Triumph is putting out two
different part types with the same part number, but not likely.

Ken M.
2000 RS