gearing info

Hello again,
     Yesterday was my first post to the list and I now realize that I
should have thought that my e-mail is set up in my wifes name.  She is
the PC expert in the house and lets me use it once in a while
unsupervised.
     My name is Ken and I have been lurking around this site for months
gathering info and opinions.  I looked in many bikes before buying my ST
and this site was a great help.  I looked at the ST2 & ST4 but read too
many peoples problems.  Every thing I was reading kept pointing me back
to the Triumph.  I have only put 400 miles on it so far but it is
everything I thought it would be.
    In my manual the gearing is listed as 19/43 and I checked with a
friend with a 99 and his is listed as 18/43 and both ratios use the same
chain length so a front gear swap should be easy and not too costly.?  I
plan on riding it a while and decide if I want to change it.
     My next problem will be the sender recall.  I also have to spend
some time bolt checking the bike as MANY of the fasteners on the hard
bags were falling off.  One of the reasons I do most of my own work.  The
previous owner spent good money to have those bags installed at the
dealer and I'm starting to wonder if that's where my missing silencer
bolt went?
     Can anyone tell me about the sender recall?  I haven't sent my
ownership transfer papers in you but TOA told me through e-mail that I
could go ahead and schedule the bike to have it " inspected or replaced
".  Have they been changing them?  I could tell them on the phone that
it's not leaking so what's the point?  If it is a potential problem I
would rather have it changed than have to constantly worry about it.
It's cold enough here in PA without a lap full of fuel:-(

End of st-digest V2000 #586