Re: K & N air filter

>Denis:
>
>Other people have said that without a tune change the engine will run rich.
>Of course in theory if more air is coming in and the same amount of gas is
>shouldn't it be running lean?  Or does the FI computer take into account
and
>thus compensate for the increase air flow?
>
>Thanks
>
>Eric

Eric,
I'm running a stock pipe. We tried all the different tunes including Speed
Triple stock and performance. We used a sniffer to measure exhaust gas also.
The best results were with the stock ST tune using my stock pipe. The FI did
seem to compensate for the increased airflow as the gas measurements did not
change much before and after the filter was installed. There was absolutely
no change anywhere in the power band except for the very top with the K&N.
We measured 97HP before and 98 1/2HP after. Best $50 you can spend.

Dennnis