GPS Units

OK 'real' bikers are going to laugh at this!

One of the most useful and enjoyable 'big boys toys' (aside from a Sprint,
that is) I have found, is a GPS unit (I use a Garmin GPS III+).  As well
as the map feature there is a display which shows a nice big arrow which
tells you which way to turn for the next waypoint as well as an indication
of how far you have to travel to get to it.

In my earlier biking days I used to keep a map stuffed inside my Belstaffs
(waxed cotton waterproofs) and every so often (when I was lost - which was
*often*) stop, take off gloves, unzip Belstaffs, take out map and read it
(with the aid of the headlight when dark).  Now to my mind, since I
already have the technology, why not use it (and it is safer than trying
to read a map in a map-pocket on a tank-bag or on your thigh whilst
mobile) even though it might ruin my street cred as far as the 'biker
image' goes.  However, I cannot see anywhere that it would be *easy* to
affix such a device without drilling holes in the fairing.

Has anyone else tackled this problem and found the solution?

- --
Mike Bostock
http://www.toothfairy.co.uk/

'99 Red ST