Re: RS mirrors

The RS mirrors work best if they are adjusted with the mirrors pulled
up high.  You can get some idea of the standard position by aligning
the top and bottom circumferences of the two halves of the swiveling
joints.

Granted, they're not the greatest mirrors.  But they're terrible if you adjust
them too low.

- -Don Draper Jr.

- ----- Original Message ----- | Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 02:10:38 EST
| From: TrmpetDave@xxxxxxx
| Subject: mirrors
|
| In a message dated 11/10/00 9:56:32 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
|
| << does anyone have any ideas on how to increase the mirror view
| on an RS?  initially i thought it wouldn't be so bad, but only
| getting use of half the mirror is starting to bother me, especially
| in traffic situations.
|  >>

| You can get angled convex stick-on mirrors at auto parts stores. Mine are
| called "Blind Shot". You stick them to the lower inside corner of your
| mirrors, and they give you a good view of the blind spot beside your rear
| wheel, and you can then angle the main mirror in enough to give you a view of
| the road behind. Dave Collins, San Diego

End of st-digest V2000 #600