Re: Learner advice needed

 >      I have recently been in contact with a young lady in New York City who
 >      has a dream of touring Ireland on a motorcycle. She has no Motorcycle
 >      Would there be any experienced motorcyclists onlist in the New York
 >      City area who would be willing to support this young woman with advice
 >      and guidance as to how to go about recieving training and passing her
 >      test?

the first step is to find, and take the nearest MSF course -- the
Motorcycle Safety Foundation curriculum is very well-respected.  for
beginner's courses, they provide the bikes.  and in many states, don't know
about new york, taking and passing the MSF test gets you an automatic
"pass" on the license exam.  see http://www.msf-usa.org/ for more
information.

paul