Re: bags (panniers) for RS

 > You had the Chase-Harper Stealth bags, I believe, but changed
 > them out for another brand.  What was the reason for changing?
 > Did you not like them for some reason or did they not function
 > adequately on the RS?  What brand/size of bags are you using now?
 > Your input would be greatly appreciated.   Thanks. -Keith '00 RS

i, too, have the C-H stealth bags.  i used them on my last bike, and
moved them to the RS when i got it.  they're great for around-town
use, picking up milk and videos on the way home, carrying an extra
sweater.  but be advised that once you pack an extra sweater and a
water bottle in one, there's no more room in it.  as don said, they're
small.  they won't even hold an 8.5x11" clipboard or binder, making
them less than useful as commuting bags if you need to carry papers
back and forth.

you'll want bigger bags for any kind of touring, other than overnight
stays at motels.

i also have the larger C-H bags, and they fit the RS well.  and the
mounting straps are compatible, so i can unclip one set of bags and
install the others with no fuss.

paul