Re: Living in an obstacle course

>My commute is two miles of San Francisco city traffic each way, 17
>stoplights (!), three stop signs, and exactly zero opportunities to get
>out of first gear.

>Is there anything I should do differently in
>terms of maintenance?

I think I would walk to work if I had to put up with that. I mean it's nice
to be on the bike, but it must be pretty frustrating to not even see second
gear.

Since it is such a short trip, I would recommend changing your oil more
frequently. Without giving the engine a chance to burn the condensation
out, you run the risk of having a lot of moisture build up in the motor.
Unless of course you take the long way home.

But then again what do I know about commuting, I walk from the bedroom to
the other bedroom and I'm at work.

And stoplights? Well Ferndale doesn't have any. Maybe that's why we're
moving there.

Matt Knowles - mattknowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://home.earthlink.net/~mattknowles
Aesthetic Design & Photography - (408) 977-1804
http://www.aestheticdesign.com