Re: bags (panniers) for RS

FWIW - When I bought my RS last March I asked the dealer(s) to quote me a
package price which included the Sport Panniers (Triumph's own soft bags),
the Triumph Tank Bag, and the belly pan.

I think those pabgs are just perfect for my needs. They are quite large, and
I've even been able to squeeze the seat cowl in. I did that for one weekend
in Vermont, and when I got to the B&B, I took the protective panels and bags
off, put the seat cowl back on and reverted to "sportriding" mode.

Considering the cost of those bags compared to RKA or Chase Harper bags of
comparable capacity, I'd say the Triumph bags offer perfect fit, secure
fastening, sturdy construction, TOTALLY rain proof, and are actually less
money than others which *do not* fit nearly as well.

I have ridden with them in a drenching thunderstorm (not recommended, BTW),
and at over 120 mph while weighted twice the recommended maximum (also not
condoned behaviour!) without any bike stability or bag security issues.
Perfect performance.

Works for me.

Ken M.