Re: shifting -- gets better?

From: Paul Fox
>when i first got the RS, shifting from first to second was well nigh
>impossible.  since a different bike (an ST) that i'd test-ridden at
>only 15 miles had a similar problem, i wasn't worried, and sure
>enough, by now, at just over 1000 miles, the RS is almost tolerable.
>but when it's dead cold, that first shift still has to be excuted
>_just_ right, with the shifter loaded, and the shift done just at the
>initial easing of the throttle.  otherwise it's a no-go, and it
>
>does this ever change?<snip>

Yes, it does break in. Mine was a little "notchy" when new, but with 12,000
miles on it now, it shifts every bit as smoothly as my Katana did. (Suzuki
transmissions are, arguably, the best in the business.)

I don't know that my RS' transmission was as tight at yours, but they do get
better with miles. You'll also get a few more horsepower, a wee bit more
torque, and worn out tires as miles add up.

Ken M.
2000 RS
in Spencer MA, where it's always about 10 degrees colder than Beantown