Re: shifting -- gets better?

"Robert L. Fastner" wrote:

> From: Paul Fox
> >when i first got the RS, shifting from first to second was well nigh
> >impossible.  since a different bike (an ST) that i'd test-ridden at
> >only 15 miles had a similar problem, i wasn't worried,

i just got my machine a few months ago and i have to say that i did find the
shifting to be rather 'notchy' compared to my old '69 Norton Commando. i didn't
care though because i was just thrilled to have sutch a fine machine.

i just did an oil change and filter and i feel that the shifting is improved,
somewhat smoother, using Belray EXS 20W50 full synthetic oil.

cam