Re: Safety shut-off

Karle Kern wrote:

> When I put the
> sidestand down, it kills the engine whether I have it in neutral and
> even if I also have the clutch lever in.

I don't think it should be doing that -- if I'm understanding your post
correctly. With the sidestand down the engine should cut off any time
you put the bike in gear, regardless of whether the clutch is in or not.
However, the engine should run with the bike in neutral and the
sidestand down.

If your bike doesn't behave like that, have the dealer check it out or
start working through the diagnostics that (I presume) are in the
service manual.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA