Question for UK listers

"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king",  or something like
that...

I have a question for anyone in the UK who still has a one-eyed ST, i.e. one
where only one of the headlights comes on for dipped beam and one for full
beam.  If you stand in front of the bike and look at the lights, is it the
left or the right light that comes on for dipped beam please?

I'm wondering if changing the lights from German to UK standard also means I
have to fiddle with the wiring harness.

Thanks very much,

Neil