Radar Detectors - Passport best for bikes???

I now have to go ticketless for 6 months. Parking my ST would be the safest
course of action now but that ain't going to happen....sooo... I am
considering which radar detector is best for m/c use. I am partial to
Cincinnati Microwave products and think Solo Cordless is the best choice b/c
of battery operation & available earplug jack and couldn't be more pleased
with their products in the past back: solo, old model passport, back to the
old BIG box escort. I would, however, buy another brand if my wise ST list
buds/budettes tell me another brand or model is preferable for use on a
bike.

- -I have never used a radar detector on a motorcycle before so I have a
couple of questons:

How or where do you run the mic cord to your ear? Up the sleeve of your
jacket? If so do you leave it there all the time?

Or do you not use ear piece/cord. Can't imagine how it could work without
this.

What else do I  need to know about successful operation of radar det. on my
sweeter than the sweetest sweet potato casserole Sprint ST?

Thanks all,
John 'ApexDawg'
'00 Red ST
4500 miles since 8-25 but it was 24 deg. F here this AM so I don't imagine
I'll be doing another 4500over next 3 months. Probably only 1500.
0 fuel senders replaced, no leaks