Re: Sargent seat foam

The only advise I can definitely give you Jack is that the Grip-Tex
stuff is VERY slippery.. especially if you tend to wear Textile
riding gear ( Aerostich etc). Sargent has a newer material called
Diamond plate that's really nice, and a bit stickier.. As for the
foam it is MUCH firmer which is both a good and bad thing. The good
is that after many hours in the saddle it doesn't compress like the
stock foam. The bad is that since it's much firmer the seat doesn't
hold one in place under aggressive riding like the stock foam does.
This means that one ends up "holding" oneself in place more. Also
since the Sargent is custom made you can specify numerous options.
All I can tell you that after having tried Sargent twice and a Corbin
once I ended back with a stock seat..  It isn't perfect but with say
an Air Hawk cushion or maybe one of those beaded covers I should be
able to increase my range from 500 to maybe 700 mile days.

Erik

PS: Take some time and really think about WHAT bothers you with the
stock seat and what you want to change on the seat before sending it
out. Remember Sargent DOES NOT guarantee comfort, just workmanship.

PPS: FWIW if I was getting Sargent to do a another seat for me I'd
have them upgrade the foam but NOT change the shape of the seat, and
I do a recover in Diamond Plate in their "two up " style with a
colored welt..

>	OK, before I send my ST seat off I'd like some comments on like /
>dislike of the Sargent super cell seat foam. Or, does anybody have the
>seat with the standard cover and want to trade for a stock seat?
>--
>Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
>972-952-5065
>"I'll see you on the dark side of the moon"

End of st-digest V2000 #616