RE: Front Guard extension

Darren

Similar to the earlier post, do just as you suggest!

I don't wish to be seen to be teaching you to suck eggs, but go easy when
you drill the original fender! I had to drill mine in place as I could not
get the bolts out from the forks. No matter what I tried the rubber
encapsulated nuts just turned when I tried the bolt.

Anyway, use a hand drill not a motor tool. The plastic is very soft! Make
very sure you do not drill too near the edge of the fender. It will split
when you rivet otherwise. Mine didn't! Make sure you use the correct rivet
mandrel with the pliers otherwise you will trash the rivet. Also make sure
you have the fender and extender gripped tight together before you form the
rivet. They will not pull the bits together themselves. It is an idea to
apply a sealant between the fender and the extender before you pull the
rivets. I have seen a number where all the crap comes out between the two
bits. Yuck!

Good luck

Dave McCarthy

Had enough, gone out on the bike!!!