Re: Heated Grips

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Sheley" <Eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: November 24, 2000 6:55 AM
Subject: Re: Heated Grips

> At 09:17 AM 11/24/00 -0500, Ken Mitchell wrote:
> >His suggestion was to check the resistance (ohms) on both to assure they
are
> >the same. If not, we'll call Triumph. If they are, we may add an
additional
> >resistor to the circuit on one (which one?) to even them out. I'd
appreciate
> >hearing any other input on this too.
>
> I don't think they should be the same. The resistance is varied to take
> into account the thicker rubber on the left hand grip.
>
> - Eric

It seems to me that the Triumph product should not suffer this heat
imbalance as much as third-party heated grips, since they SHOULD have been
able to play around with the resistance on the warmer (right ) side to come
close to matching that of the left.  However, since we can assume that
Triumph didn't actually manufacture the heated grip option, it's possible
that they didn't bother.  Besides that, Ken has already indicated that the
left side is not quite warm enough, so why would he want to reduce the
warmth of the right grip to match?

I'm considering heated gloves, which have the added benfit of being
portable.  The only problem is that eventually they'll wear out.

Neil