Tires & flat spots

Lance,
    I never really worry about flat-spotting on the bike as it is on the
centerstand during winter (in Minnesota) storage. I do worry somewhat that
having one small patch in contact with a porous concrete floor in an
unheated garage for several months may not be such a good idea. I slip a 1x6
piece of cedar under the front tire. This also tips the bike back towards
the balance point resulting in less weight on the front tire. I have never
had any problems with any degradation during storage. Tires for the Sprint
seem to be a short term proposition anyway. A car can keep the same tires
for 60K miles, the Sprint seems to have difficulty making 10K. Maybe the
tire manufacturer (for the Porsche) has a number to call for information.
They would know best.
Ciao,
Bob

- ------ http://USFamily.Net/info - Unlimited Internet - From $7.99/mo! ------