Re: Happy Thanksgiving

> I rode the first 100 miles at or below 3500rpm. I'm now at 150 miles and
> stayinf below 5000rpm. Basically  going by the book for a new bike all
over
> again, and yes it's tough as you know. Getting ready to go do a couple of
> hundred right now. How;s yours holding up? How many miles on the rebuild?
> Did they go as far as the crank on your's?

Hi Mark.

It is tough to do the break-in thing again knowing how the bike runs about
5000rpm.

My bike is in the shop at this time for a new fuel sender. I am going to
pick it up later today.

They did not replace the crank on mine.....wonder why they did on yours
......did they say?

The amount of time from mine making the "noise" until I stopped was about
30seconds to 1 minute (coming up to a turn) so maybe that helped prevent
more damage. Did you see the tensioner? How bad was it?

Good luck with the "new bike". I have about 8k since the rebuild. The only
major problem I have had so far was the radiator was replaced about  a week
after all of the work was done. I suspect this was because of all of the
disassembly and reassembly.

Have a great weekend.

Robert