Re: Oil Warning and engine cut out

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Lawler <slawler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, November 24, 2000 10:13 PM
Subject: Re: Oil Warning and engine cut out

> "Phil" <philbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Towards the end of my ride home from work today my ST's oil warning
light
> > flickered briefly and then lit up and the engine cut out.
> <snip>
>
> Phil,
> Sounds like you may have gotten one of those ECU hic-o-burps. Same sort
> of thing happened to me a few weeks and several hundred miles ago. On
> the commute home the Blue Devil died on me three separate times while
> coming up to a stop sign/light. After the third time I stopped, shut
> everything down, and got on my knees to see if anything looked out of
> the ordinary. I prayed to the motorcycle gods while I was down there and
> lit up a cigarette in burnt offering. It started back up without
> incident and I continued home. It didn't die again and the problem has
> not recurred since then.
>
> A burnt offering to the motorcycle gods would hurt either. Besides,
> paganism can be fun!

I'd say you're probably right Steve. The only other thing it could have been
is that Fred mentioned that it can occur if the bike is running lean. I've
been stuffing around with an aftermarket exhaust that I can't get to work
properly so this is also a possiblity.

BTW do you think setting fire to a few fours in the front yard would be
sufficient sacrifice? ;o)

Phil
'00 ST