  From: mike bevan=20
  To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
  Sent: Saturday, November 25, 2000 11:15 PM
  Subject: Fogging Spec's etc

  Hello ST World
  Having decided that I should make some changes, I sold my '86 1200 =
GoldWing and was seduced by a '99 Tornado Red ST. Not quite as easy as =
that, I tried every bike I could, but have to admit I fell in love with =
the ST and only the VFR 800 came close.
  Having made the change. It is without doubt the best thing I have ever =
done.(The last Triumph I owned was a 650 Bonnie back in 1970)
  Now to the questions. The Wing provided comfort and protection from =
the elements, I rarely need full waterproofs even here in central =
England. With the ST I need them most of the time.
  I was about to buy and fit Triumph Heated Grips but recent =
e-correspondance makes me re-consider. Do they work well and is the heat =
even?
  New full-face helmet to go with the bike, Fogshield prevents the visor =
misting but how can I prevent my spec's fogging up?
  Triumph's Tank Bag instructions tell me to attach front straps around =
frame close to headstock. Where?
  Thanks,  Mike Bevan

- ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0578D.FFEE81C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike, for your specs and visor dump the =
fig shield=20
and get a "FOGGY" Face Mask, costs less than a tenner from most bike =
shops or=20
MPS.&nbsp; You will never again get fogged up specs or visor even if =
indoors=20
with the lid down!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>With regard to the tank bag, I went and =
took the=20
advice off the web site and&nbsp; adapted it a bit further, went to a =
yacht=20
chandler and got four plastic quick release clips of the same style as =
the=20
Triumph Bag.&nbsp; I then cut the overlong existing straps and fitted =
two around=20
the frame toward the front of the tank (nobody so far has even noticed =
them)and=20
two under the seat where the tank screws to the frame (these tuck away =
under the=20
tank when not in use), you can use the existing clips and buckles in =
combination=20
to make it all work.&nbsp; Works like magic and only for a couple of =
quid,&nbsp;=20
it's only a few seconds to clip either the pad and map case or the whole =

kit.&nbsp; Can't think why Triumph didn't design it that way, as to keep =
having=20
to take the two front straps off every time would be a knuckle skinning=20
nightmare and then having to thread those rear ones, I don't think I'd =
bother=20
putting it on most of the time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phil "Black Dawg" Guy</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A href=3D"mailto:mike.bevan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"=20
  title=3Dmike.bevan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>mike bevan</A> </DIV>
href=3D"mailto:ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"=20
  title=3DST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, November 25, =
2000 11:15=20
  PM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Fogging Spec's =
etc</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello ST World</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Having decided that I should make =
some changes, I=20
  sold my '86 1200 GoldWing and was seduced by a '99 Tornado Red ST. Not =
quite=20
  as easy as that, I tried every bike I could, but have to admit I fell =
in love=20
  with the ST and only the VFR 800 came close.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Having made the change. It is without =
doubt the=20
  best thing I have ever done.(The last Triumph I owned was a 650 Bonnie =
back in=20
  1970)</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now to the questions. The Wing =
provided comfort=20
  and protection from the elements, I rarely need full waterproofs even =
here in=20
  central England. With the ST I need them most of the =
time.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I was about to buy and fit Triumph =
Heated Grips=20
  but recent e-correspondance makes me re-consider. Do they work well =
and is the=20
  heat even?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>New full-face helmet to go with the =
bike,=20
  Fogshield prevents the visor misting but how can I prevent my spec's =
fogging=20
  up?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Triumph's Tank Bag instructions tell =
me to attach=20
  front straps around frame close to headstock. Where?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,&nbsp; Mike=20
Bevan</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C0578D.FFEE81C0--