Re: Hello

- --------------3E75B2911CC64845DB4BF420

Mike,
    Welcome!  This is quite a contrast, I'm 25 and going to own an ST
soon.  I'm curious, how do you like the 3 pannier set?  I'm thinking
about starting with the 2 set and betting the top bag later.  Opinions?

Glad to meet you,
    Mark Collett

Mike Benzon wrote:

> Dear fellow ST riders, I would like to introduce myself. I am a 2000
> ST owner, purchased May 2000. I live in northern California in the
> town of Burney. Burney is nestled between Mt Shasta and Mt Lassen. I
> rode motorcycles years ago while in my 20 years of age. I am now 50,
> and very much enthused with my new bike. Much of my free time was
> spent driving sports cars in SCCA roadracing. In 1997 I pulled back
> from driving in competition and now teach. The bike has filled the
> void of not racing and I am in the process of learning a whole new
> world. I have almost 11K on the bike and it continues to run without
> any problems. I have the three pannier set, optional wind screen and a
> set of the "multisport" handlebars made by Heli, which I have removed
> in favor of the stock bars. I have modified the stock muffler can by
> removing the stainless steel cover, cutting off the front and rear
> ends and replacing the center section with a piece of 5" exhaust pipe,
> and then re-installing the stainless cover. I also cut down the
> overall length by four inches. It is a little loud to some people's
> standard, but it is quieter than most Harley's. Most important of all,
> it sounds right for me. Oh, by the way, it is Tornado Red. I am on my
> second set of tires, this set is Metzelers (4's). I am hoping to meet
> some of the California ST'rs. I realize the riding season is over for
> most people in the US, but I will continue to ride on days that permit
> throughout the winter. Tomorrow I will be leaving Burney for Sonoma
> and Marin counties to visit friends and ride the back roads during the
> daytime. Looking forward to your friendshipMike Benzon

- --
= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Mark Collett
Michelin Engineer
Unigraphics CAD/CAM user!
1997 YZF1000R
2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

= = = = = = = = = = = = = =

- --------------3E75B2911CC64845DB4BF420

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Mike,
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Welcome!&nbsp; This is quite a contrast, I'm 25
and going to own an ST soon.&nbsp; I'm curious, how do you like the 3 pannier
set?&nbsp; I'm thinking about starting with the 2 set and betting the top
bag later.&nbsp; Opinions?
<P>Glad to meet you,
<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Mark Collett
<P>Mike Benzon wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><STYLE></STYLE>
<FONT COLOR="#0000FF">Dear fellow
[...]
roads during the daytime.</FONT>&nbsp;<FONT COLOR="#0000FF">Looking forward
to your friendship</FONT><FONT COLOR="#0000FF">Mike Benzon</FONT></BLOCKQUOTE>

<P>--
<BR>= = = = = = = = = = = = = =
<P>Mark Collett
<BR>Michelin Engineer