Re: Oil Warning and engine cut out

On Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:25:36 -0800, Jconne6305@xxxxxx wrote:

 >My st's oil light flickered a few times once in heavy traffic on my way to
 >the dealer to have some other work done.  The dealer told me that triumph
oil
 >pumps rarely fail due to their design and construction so just ride it.  It
 >never happened again.  John Conneely

If the light flickers while you are riding that's a potentially
expensive problem. If the filter is reasonably clean, the oil level is
OK, and the oil isn't too thin [1], the light should never flicker
even if the engine gets real hot. Did the dealer check the oil
pressure with a separate gauge? If not, neither you nor the dealer
have any idea if there is a problem or not.

[1] That is you aren't trying to use 5W-30 or some such.