Radar Detectors

I've been on vacation and so this isn't exactly a timely
response to this thread.

I have a Valentine One. It requires three pieces of hardware
and a battery hookup to wire it for a bike and headphones.
That said, it's saved my butt more than once, including once
when the cop tried to sneak up from behind. In spite of the
attenuation my body provided to the radar signal, I got a
warning and was able to slow down. My two buddies weren't
as lucky. One didn't get a signal until the cop pulled
alongside to motion him to the shoulder and the other never
did, finally getting startled by the cop's siren. I've had
Bel and Escort detectors as well, and the Valentine is by
far the best.