Re: st-digest #624 - Sprint vs. Concours

David,
	Not even in the same league. Have a riding friend who was trying to sell
me his y2k Concours. I opted for the Sprint , as I was smitten the first
time I saw one. Believe me, the Sprint is worth the extra money. It was a
stretch for me too, as I have a 5 yr old daughter ( who loves shoes
almost as much as my wife does...)and various typical family expenses.
For once I wasn't thrifty (wife claims I'm cheap) Again , it was worth
it. 												After logging only about 900 miles on my new ST , I had
the opportunity to ride the Concours. We swapped bikes, and literally
before I shifted to 2nd gear it became apparent that I had made the right
decision. Not to offend any Concours owners , but the Connie that I rode
was practically brand new , and it still felt -- well--- kinda  old...
Maybe unpolished would be kinder. The differences are , quite honestly ,
glaring. Acceleration, braking, handling etc. are much more "confident"
on the Sprint. Most noticeable to me , though was how much 'tighter'  the
Sprint feels. Absolutely no vibes or other indication that there is any
work going on below decks. To the Concours' credit the higher bar posit.
is nice, though not for me. I gather that is an easy mod. on the Sprint
if desired, however.
	Funny thing is, I rode that same Connie before I had ridden a Sprint. It
didn't seem at all outdated then. It was only after the Sprint spoiled
me, that the Kawi. seemed lacking. Moral of the story is - if your mind
is already made up on something besides a Sprint do not ride a Sprint.
You'll be forever ruined. Oops you said you already rode a Sprint. Well,
welcome aboard then...
	Good luck with whatever you decide.
	yours ,
		Adam 99 ST