Re: ST v. Falco v. ST4 unsolicited opinions (was Re: Triumph engine design)

>>I've never ridden an Aprilia vehicle with more than 80cc, but it would be
>interesting to compare the Falco to the Sprint.
>
>>Daphne

Well, as I've mentioned here before, I sold my ST and bought a Falco. First off, as much as Aprilia would like the public to think the Falco is a sport-tourer, it really isn't. It's a sport bike, period. It's seating position is a bit more relaxed than the Mille but it's a bunch more aggressive than the ST. That's O.K., though. That's what I wanted.

I'm still <600 miles so I can't go past 6k RPM. Even derestricted, though, the Falco needs new pipes and a new engine management chip to really open up. Once that's done, and maybe a new rear shock, the Falco is easily as sharp as a base Mille and nearly up to par as a Mille-R.

However, the seat isn't particularly comfy for long distances, and, as above, the position is a bit aggressive.

I'm happy as a clam. I rode the Mille, but it's just too cramped for me. Plus, I wanted a half-faired V-Twin and the Falco's gorgeous (in my opinion). If you want an Italian sport-touring V-Twin, wait for the Aprilia Futura. Should be an excellent bike that will give the ST a run for the money.

- --David (very happy with my Falco, but also miss the ST...I probably see a 509 in my future)
Dress up your Triumph. Get HubAmmo!

http://members.home.com/dbenj/arno/index.htm