Re: Motor Cyclist magazine

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000 Jt94@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> Now that the weather has turned to non-motorcycle conditions, it has left me
> to simply reading about riding in the magazines.  I picked up a copy of Motor
> Cyclist magazine and was pleasantly surprised to see an article about sport
> touring machines.  "Good deal," I thought to myself anticipating reading
> another good article about my beloved ST and other sport touring machines.
>
> However, to my disappointment, the ST was forgotten and not included in the
> article!  How a sport touring article could have been written without an ST
> is beyond me, but I was disappointed to say the least.  The article did
> include the BMW RT1100 (I believe), Honda VFR800, and the Yamaha 600 (?).

It is simple, they all advertise in the mag more than Triumph. Plus
it is rumored that Yamaha has some, um, er, marketing girls, thats
it.

I as well read that article was was greatly disappointed that the
best they could come up with was the VFR800 for the sport tourer.
As far as the R6, and long distance, the only comments I have every
heard about taking a R1 or R6 long distance came to one of two
conclusion a) health insurance that covers message therapy, or b)
good trailer.

Thomas Emberson  <Thomas@xxxxxxx>        http://get.qnx.com
QNX Software Systems Inc.
5100 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 1000, Plano, TX, 75024
V: 214-495-5665  F: 214-495-5664