New Orleans info

I've started my winter project, developing a plan to do the Iron Butt's
National Parks Tour next year.  Living in PA I figure on doing New England
and the neighboring states on weekends and taking a longer trip around July
4 down south and up the Mississippi to get the further reaching states.  And
since I'll be in the area I figured I spend a couple days in New Orleans.

So, has anyone taken a trip to New Orleans on two wheels?  Alot of places
have valet parking and I could probably park in their lot and get a lift
back to the hotel, but has anyone found a motorcycle friendly place,
preferably in or near the French Quarter?  Any other suggestions regarding
motorcycle safety or things to see/do would be appreciated.  Since this is
not totally motorcycle related you can contact me off-list if you'd like.
Thanks in advance.

Doug Bailey "Hound Dawg"
"00 Sprint ST
"97 HD FXDL