Triumph Factory Tour Test Rides & Del Mar (long)

G'morning Folks,

First, a warning.  According to the Triumph Factory Tour folks, while they
will be at Del Mar for the Bonnie Intor, they will NOT be doing test rides.
The were kind enough to stop here in Las Vegas Saturday a week ago, at which
time I finally had the opportunity to test ride the assorted beasties.
Sadly, I had other commitments, otherwise I could have spent the entire day
test riding, rather than only getting 5 rides in!  (That's what's known as a
"drive-by gloat")  Apparently, the feeling at that time was that Del Mar was
going to be to crazy to be doing the test rides, so...  This fits with the
info provided by William Murphy of Cal BMW/Triumph, to wit:

>> JOHN,

I FINNALY HEARD BACK FROM TRIUMPH, THERE WILL NOT BE DEMO RIDES AT THE DEL
MAR EVENT.
THE RACES AND A POTENTIAL R.A.T. RIDE WILL STILL BE A LOT OF FUN.<<

So, while this may change, caution is in order.

As for my test rides, wahooo!!!  I still smile when I think about it.  I
test rode the Sprint ST with the tall screen, Sprint ST w/ standard screen,
the RS, the Tiger, and the Trophy.  My conclusions?  I don't have enough
money!!  The salesman from the dealership who marked me (reckon they didna
want me to ride off into the sunset, eh?) was VERY uncomfortable with the
ST's seat, and almost freaked when I opened up the Tiger on the freeway.  He
was on one of the Thunderbirds at the time, and was extremely nervous.
After talking to him, I can understand why.  Same reason as he found the
ST's seat uncomfortable.  He's one of the 'Wing commanders!  Spends his
riding time on a two wheeled Wingebago complete with "La-Z-Boy" seats and
all.
Anyhow, I loved the ST, RS and Tiger.  Did not like the Trophy, (which was
his favorite), it isolated me too much.  The preference would be the ST or
the next generation Tiger, which reportedly is going to get bumped up to the
955 engine!, but finances may force the RS instead.  So, I go back this
Saturday to see if maybe I can swing a deal and there's nary a Trumpet on
the floor!  Turns out that they dropped their Triumph franchise on Monday!
Grrrrr.......  They shipped their remaining bikes down to their stores in
Arizona (apparently, they're part of the AZ Motorsports Group now) which
seem to be able to move a fair number of Triumphs, unlike here.  Sigh....
So, now I'm stuck with the other dealer, who reminds me too much of used car
salesmen....  Either that, or I get a bike elsewhere.

Enough of my venting, y'all have fun.