Re: New RS Rier

Welcome, Robert!  Hope you enjoy your RS as much as I enjoy mine!
Just got back from a great 450+ mile weekend up and down the California
coast from Santa Cruz to Salt Point (above Fort Ross).  The bike handled
everything I threw at it (highway, canyons, downtown San Francisco, goat
paths, etc.) wonderfully.

My transmission has about 6500 miles on it, and it was still tough finding
neutral going through San Francisco Saturday.  Now coming back, it wasn't
so bad!  Go figure.  It was very hot on Saturday, maybe that explains it, I don't
know.  Anyhow, the quirks on this bike have a way of growing on you.  Keeps
things interesting.

When you get a chance, start playing with the suspension settings and tire
pressures.  I like the following settings myself-

Suspension
- -------------
Front preload - 9 mm
Rear rebound - 1.75 turns out
Rear preload - 10 turns out

Front Tire - 31/32 PSI cold (70 degrees F)
Rear Tire - 35/36 PSI cold

I weight about 220 pounds and live in the mountains.

There are a lot of opinions on tire pressures.  Read through the digests and
you'll get a pretty good spread of intelligent perspectives.

Unless they provide something in the toolkit ( I haven't checked :->), you'll
need to improvise a tool to adjust the front preload.  I'm thinking of having
my friendly locksmith provide me with a proper-sized key blank.  Meanwhile,
I've been using one of my wife's measuring spoons.

Have fun.  You've just aquired a really special motorcycle!

- -Don