Brief Ride Report: California Superbike School, Loudon

Eugene & I did the CA Superbike school at Loudon yesterday and it was
awesome.  For anyone who has not taken one of these schools, I highly
recommend it.  I took the CLASS school at Laguna 5 years ago and some of
the things covered were the same, but a lot was different, and even the
things that were duplicated I'd forgotten about and needed a reminder.  It
was terrific.

We spent the day alternating between classroom discussions and on-track
exercises in which we were to focus on a particular point about riding -
smooth throttle control in corners (no brakes or gear changes allowed -
ride around the track in 4th...), quick flicking the bike, staying
loose/neutral... it was very productive and we definitely improved
throughout the day.  I also had an instructor lead me around and then
follow me to critique me once each session, and this helped too, he was
able to pick out the things I was doing right and wrong and offer advice
with a totally positive tone.

All around an awesome experience.  Next time I may do it on their bike so I
can ride with a little more abandon (somehow I have the feeling my
insurance company would not have wanted to cover an wreck on the track...
:-), but it was also great to ride the Sprint hard enough to get a feel for
its performance at peg scraping/track speeds.  (I definitely need to
stiffen up the rear before next time.)

 -- Jim, 2000 Sprint ST, Jamaica Plain, MA