Re: Pro-Italia

At 08:42 AM 10/6/00 -0700, pneta paton wrote:
>Well, my information comes from the owner/manager of Pro-Italia. He
>said that when he placed his order for the coming year, he was told
>that he might not be able to get any of the bikes he wanted unless he
>took some of the retro bikes. After they had pretty much decided to

With a limited supply I can only assume that those dealers that support the
entire line will get a better selection of high demand bikes than those
dealers that only want to sell one or two models.

It would be a different story if Triumph was not selling out at wholesale.

I still can't see why a dealer would opt not to take bikes from the retro
line - there are plenty of people that love that style of bike.

When I had just been promoted into area retail management (before I decided
to play with computers for a living) I happened into one of my stores for
an introductory visit. I was amazed to find a couple of lines completely
absent from the displays. When I questioned the manager on that issue, I
got the normal "We can't sell those in this area". He resisted my pleas to
bring the items in, so I ended up having to change managers at that
location - the new person with full knowledge that I expected him to carry
the full line. Once introduced the line sold just as well as it did in most
of my other locations......

It's always a lot harder to sell something you don't have to show.

Just my 02 - YMMV

- - Eric

End of st-digest V2000 #519