Re: Help: Boot Recommendation

Mark Dieck wrote:

> The boots look great,
> have an outstanding reputation for protection, but dont really address water
> resistance/proofness as they seem to be intended more for the racing crowd.

(I'm not Kathy, but I'll throw in my two cents anyways. :-)

Yes, the Vertebra boots are meant for dry weather, but it seems to take
a while before they'll let water through. My feet have gotten wet when I
got caught in a downpour for an hour and a half, but my feet stay almost
totally dry during my 35 minute commutes in the rain. Water seems to get
past the zipper on the insides first.

If you're really looking for a waterproof boot, look at Sidi's GT
Sympatex. It doesn't have as much protection as the Vertebra, but it
*is* waterproof. Between the two models is the Dry Road; less protection
than the Vertebra, but more waterproof.

- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Burlingame, CA, USA