Heat

Awhile back (during the middle of summer) I seem to remember people complaining about engine heat broiling their legs, also about chin fairings melting.  Was wondering if anyone had tried using exhaust wrapping, you know that tape that is suppose to keep the exhaust heat in the exhaust pipe giving the exhaust more velocity.  Don't anyone dare tell me that's a falicy, I know plenty of circle track racers and dragsters that use the stuff.  But was thinking since all that heat from the headers is trapped and funneled through the fairing, keeping it "wrapped" would lower the temps inside the fairing just less cooking of legs and plastic.

<bold>Lex Offer

</bold>reffoxel@xxxxxxxxxxx

2000 Saphire Sprint ST

1986 VF1000 F-2 Bol d'Or