Re: Heat

     When my ST was knocked over the fairing brackets were damaged and the
     fairing was sitting flush with the frame. I noticed that the heat from
     the fairing was dramatically increased as a result. I then tweaked the
     mounting brackets so that the fairing to frame gap was about an inch
     and a quarter which resulted in much reduced heat on the legs. To my
     eye the larger gap was unsightly and in Ireland the heat from the
     fairing is a bonus but if heat is an issue for you it may be worth a
     shot.

     HTH,
     Martin

At 02:55 PM 10/14/00 -0500, Lex Offer wrote:
>Awhile back (during the middle of summer) I seem to remember people
>complaining about engine heat broiling their legs, also about chin
>fairings melting.  Was wondering if anyone had tried using exhaust
>wrapping, you know that tape that is suppose to keep the exhaust heat in
>the exhaust pipe giving the exhaust more velocity.

The information transmitted in this email is intended for the
addressee only and may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. Any review, retransmission,dissemination,reliance
upon or other use of, this information by persons or entities
other than the addressee is prohibited.If you received this
in error, please contact the sender and delete the material.

This message has been swept by Anti-Virus software