RS w/ ST bars & Gen Mar risers- clarification

 The stock clutch and brake cables can be used with the ST bars,
however:

 1)  The stock clutch cable will be pulled tight during maneuvering
around driveways, parking lots, etc. and will probably fray at the
barrel that fits into the clutch lever (mine did). I replaced it with
a longer cable.

 2)  Adding the Gen Mar risers, the longer clutch cable was fine but
at the full-lock left turn position the throttle cables just
contacted the bottom lip of the windscreen fairing.  Rotating the
throttle counter- clockwise to a position along side the reservoir
(just above the starter button) cured that problem with the added
bonus of providing a much better angle and more protection for the
cable.  I recommend this two-minute mod to everyone.

 3)  The plot thickened when I installed the heated grips. The
grooves cut in the throttle to accommodate the wires required that
the throttle be rotated back to it's original position.  Being
unwilling to ride with cold pinkies on my right hand, I used my
trusty bar-straightening pipe to tweak the windscreen frame bars up a
few millimeters (3/8") to provide the necessary clearance. See the
picture at:

           http://www.triumphnet.com/st/upload/Image001.jpg

 Note the ignition key, the steering is locked in the full-left
position.

 I am becoming comfortable enough with this set-up to forget about
the Heli-bars; little or no numbness, even on six hour rides.

                                    Cheers;
                                               doggydo   - - -
o%\o