Brake and sprocket questions PLUS a parts upgrade!

Hi all couple of questions maybe someone can answer. First, anyone
know what the thickness of NEW stock Triumph brake pads ( front and
rear) are??  I need to pull my calipers for a cleaning and I'll
measure the thickness of the pads when I do, but without knowing the
thickness of new pads I can't really tell what percentage remains. I
understand about the wear groove but still wonder what's the original
thickness? Also on the brake questions I heard that there is some
type of lube designed for caliper pistons to keep they from sticking.
Since we've ascertained that the calipers on the ST/RS tend to get
gummed up and hang up causing the increased lever pull I was
wondering if anyone had heard of this stuff?

Second I am going to need to replace chain and sprockets soon. It's
been recommended to me that I should replace the front one with a OEM
Triumph part since it has a rubber damper built in. The reason I've
been told for the damper is two fold. First to reduce the noise of
the chain, and secondly and more important to me is that it absorbs
some vibration. My question then is: Has any one replaced the front
sprocket with an after market unit, say AFAM and believe that they
now feel more vibration from the bike??

And lastly for those looking to get the best out of their ST or RS
NGK has an upgrade spark plug that is an exact replacement for the
standard issue plugs. The upgrade is a Platinum tip plug . These are
the VX Platinum series plugs. model DPR8EVX-9  NGK Stock # 2872 .
 From the box I quote:

"NGK VX spark plugs feature an extremely fine center electrode of
platinum coupled with a sharp pointed electrode designed for super
igniting performance. It guarantees excellent starting, acceleration,
power, and optimum performance for engines of various types"

I bought a set they aren't cheap but I suspect they'll last longer
than the standard plugs.
And if the bike runs better who care about a couple of bucks!

Erik "HOT DAWG" Miner