Newtronic Heated Grips?

After 2 weeks of rain here in England my grin has returned - the sun is
shining and I'm back on my ST. (Yes, I avoid the wet stuff but I don't mind
the cold!).

My dealer recommends Newtronic heated grips - he's fitted them for many
years and they're cheaper than Triumph grips.  Does anybody have any
experience of these?  The dealer tells me that he fits the switch on/by the
front brake fluid reservoir - no need to cut holes anywhere.

I've arranged to have them fitted in 2 weeks at the same time as a
replacement fuel sender and replacement silencer under warranty. One of the
rivets is missing from below the silencer that hold the outer wrap in place.

I've now done about 800 miles on Avon Azaro II tYres.  They feel fine to me
but my experience is limited (3K miles since returning after many, many
years).

Roger Richards, 99 Red ST
Burton On Trent