RE: clear protective film

Phillip

No substitute for hard work really! A decent bit of mutton cloth and some
decent polish!!

As you know I have the same problem with mine on both the tank and the
panels immediately below. As McGuires, is not a UK option, you need to find
what suits you best.

I use Turtle Wax Colour Magic initially to restore the area in Blue
obviously but it is available in vast number of colours including Black!
Once the finish is restored and it don't take too long, apply a sealing
polish over the top. Something like "Autoglym Super Resin" or the like.
Works wonders! I also tried Crystal Glo which is specifically for acrylics
but didn't like it. Currently using "MER" which I picked up at the Westpoint
show. Wonderful! Bikes looking the best ever.

First application is a bit time consuming, but after that its easy. The
beauty of MER is you put it on wet as soon as you have washed the bike, let
it all dry and buff it off. As I said, I use mutton cloth only, where paint
work is concerned. I tend to do the scuffed areas every time after washing
and it only takes 10 minutes max each time.

The other option is to buy a Baglux. Just put mine back on today for the
winter!!

Dave Mc

Had enough, gone out on the bike!!!