RE: some questions from a relative novice...

Justin:

I went through the almost exact same thing as you (and even weigh almost the
same).  After not riding for almost 25 years, and back then it was single
cylinder dirt bikes) I deceided I needed a mid life adventure.  So after
doing my research I had deceided on a blue st.  Off I flew from NY to
collect my new bike in LA and proceeded to have the adventure of a life
time.

When I got to the dealer and saw the bike, I did kind of gulp and think
"Wow, that is a big bike".  So I took it out for about 75 miles.  Then I
loaded up my 75 pounds or so of gear (complete mountain gear with stove).
Rode north about 1000 miles and hung a right.  Other than hitting a deer in
Idaho (I hope she limps forever) no problems.  I still start to smile when I
think about the trip.

My advice......Go For It.

Eric

'00 Triumph Sprint ST Blue "Free Bird"