Re: clear protective film

Thanks for Info Dave.

Last Monday night the guy from Saltash (Son in Law of the Older Red ST Man),
spoke with me and got everyone together and decided to go to Polruan.  I was
asked to lead, whole different bunch from the Holsworthy trip, went at
roughly the speed limits (maybe up to 70-80 around the Liskeard bypass).
When we got down to the Lugger, there were whoops of delight from the other
riders.  The guy with the Valkerie (I don't know how to spell that) had his
boy with him, found it a bit tough in the narrow lanes but he had a great
time, he joked that if we had to turn round he wouldn't be able to.  The guy
with the SP1 has now got a 650 trails and it was a whole new ball game for
him on the by-pass doing 70-80mph.  Shortly after we arrived the policeman
turned up (who did the same on the Holsworthy trip) who had heard where we
had gone, he even guessed the right pub!  We had a good social and then
returned via Looe and Torpoint.  There were a couple of young guys with
sportsbikes, one didn't have gloves on and they were pulling wheelies and
all sorts.  Each to their own.  At least they were enjoying themselves and
weren't upsetting or endangering any of us.  I think it was the furthest
they'd been on there 600 pocket rockets.  Good chinwag on the ferry,
everyone thoroughly enjoyed it.  In the pub the conversation lead to moans
about the way the rides were going, apparaently they just went around the
Barbiccan on the bikes the other day.  I think though that the consensus has
to be along the lines that you discussed on your e-mail to me, shorter rides
can be slower more processional, but there should be an opportunity to go at
more road realistic speeds on the long rides whether that means two
different groups.  Seems that several Guys still want to keep coming along
on Monday night (providing the weather is reasonable).  I certainly had a
lot of crud to clean off the bike from the lanes, which were wet under the
trees.

Phil