miscellaneous questions, sprint rs

i usually try and ask separate questions in separate messages, to
help keep the followup threads separate.  buy having just gotten my
RS, the questions are coming up too fast.  just bear with me -- i'll
slow down.  :-)

  - what's the big connector under the seat, back by the taillight?  it
    has some sort of shorting plug in it, to jump some wires back on
    themselves?  what's it for?

  - has anyone converted the rear marker lights to take dual-filament
    bulbs?  i want them to be always-on running lights, as well as
    signals.  i can install a "Priority Lites" unit -- i have one on
    my current bike -- but if a socket swap is easy/cheap, i'd rather
    do that, since there'd be less wiring involved.

  - given that the speedo is electronic, is there a way to convert it,
    and the odometer and trip meters, to read in kilometers?  i travel
    north of the border at least annually, and ride with folks from
    canada who compose route sheets in kilometers.  it would be
    convenient.

  - it's a pretty long reach to the instruments, especially at night
    when the buttons aren't illumanted.  is there a remote way of
    activating the "select" button for the clock/tripmeter/odometer
    display?  (i doubt it, but i have to ask.  i just read a review of
    the MV F4 which has a similar display -- and you rotate through
    the modes using the starter button!!)

  - will the ST fuel gauge work on RS?  i gather that the sender units
    are the same -- is there a place to simply plug in a guage?  until
    today i wouldn't have said i care, since between the warning
    light and a miles-since-full tripmeter i should be covered.  but
    yesterday i disconnected the battery while installing my electric
    vest connector.  and this morning, i realized the tripmeter had
    been reset to zero.  :-/   how annoying...

  - how hard is installation of the hugger on an RS?  does the wheel
    have to come off?

  - my current tank bag isn't going to work on the RS.  what bags have
    people used successfully?  how happy are folks with the triumph
    bag?  (especially, how good is the map compartment?) i'd like to
    hear of any other bags that mount neatly/securely, and don't
    interfere with or engage the switchgear at full lock.   it also
    seems that a very tall bag might not fit between me and the tank.

i think that's all.  for now.

:-)

paul