Re: Broke down ST update

> TOA this was a rare case,  that it has only happened 2 or 3 times.

    Hi Mark. Sorry to hear of your problem. If you remember this happened to
me at 6600 miles and TOA informed me at this time that I was the only person
to have this problem.So my guess would be that you are #2 or #3.

 He
> informed me that I was getting new head, valves, pistons, a whole new
motor.
> My question is why doesn't TOA send me a "whole new motor"? It seems like
it
> would be cheaper for them, easier for the dealer and better for me. Any
> thoughts?

        I went several rounds about this same issue with TOA. What was told
to me by Jerry Parish ( think thats correct ) was that Triumph UK theory was
that it takes them approx. 4 minutes to build a motor on the line and that
the mechanic can spend much more time on the rebuild and pay more attention
to detail. ......IMO this is BS....but what do you do? They flat out refused
to give me a new motor  so I had no choice but to go with a rebuild.I do
have to say that I have not had any problems with the motor since then and
now have 14k on the bike(about 8k on the rebuild). I did have to have the
radiator replaced after the rebuild though.I am sure this was because of
removal ,reinstall etc.

It does still leave a bad taste in my mouth though about the problems IE new
bike (9 months) and having the motor rebuilt....too TOA did not seem to care
that much .I do really love this bike though and unless I have anymore
problems plan to keep it for some time. If I had to go buy a new bike today
it would be another ST......

Jerry was a help through this problem and I was happy in dealing with him.

If you have any other questions Mark just let me know. If you would like to
call e-mail me offlist and I will send you my #.

Robert
Dallas

And yes mine was an early build date.