Re: Triumph Leather pants (or not)?

I've got a pair of First Gear Summer Flightline pants (perforated).  I
think they'd offer me good protection in the event of a mishap, as they're
padded in all the right places (butt and hips) and have good sized
kneepads.  The downsides are they don't fit comfortably over jeans and if
you wear shorts under them and head for cold weather (such as going over
the Cascade mountains in Washington during the summer) you'll get cold.
At speed it's just like you're not wearing them, the perforation works
really well!

Also, since they tuck into my boots and the big kneepads look like they're
placed wrong when you're not in the motorcycling tuck, I look like a freak
when I wear the pants and am not on my motorcycle!

The bottom line for me is I like and wear them for protection regularly,
but for my daily commute I find myself wanting a more pants-like solution,
such as jeans-type leather pants or an Aerostitch type suit.

- -vero.