Re: oil leak

On Fri, 27 Oct 2000 23:00:33 -0800, Stuart Feldt <sfeldt@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>I have a 2000 ST with  3500 miles with a pretty severe oil leak.
>Dealers first attempt was to replace the counter shaft seal (under
>warranty).  Straight from the dealer, I took the bike for a track day.
>Had to cut the day short because of a puddle of oil under the right side
>of the center stand after a 15 minute break.  Dealer finds gobs of oil
>in the air box.  Theory is that an incorrect oil filter was installed by
>another dealer, causing blow by (or something like that).  Picked the
>bike today and charges me $130.  Says to work it out with the other
>dealer.  Guess what, the leak is back with a new triumph filter.  Any
>help?

There is no way that *any* oil filter could cause oil to get into the
airbox. Much more likely is that the engine was overfilled and the
excess oil found it's way through the breather into the airbox.

It truly sucks when dealers try to pull the wool over us owner's eyes
by telling us BS stories like that. Especially when they overcharge
that outrageously - for that $130.00 did they *only* change the oil
filter?