For Jay Levine re-RAT Pack's

Jay,

    As the leader of the East Bay RAT Pack (San Francisco Bay Area), I can certainly understand your feelings about RAT.  My sponsoring dealer (IMX in Hayward, Ca.) is committed to rides and events and has sponsored several BBQ's and raffles.  However turnout is spotty at best.  I have a mailing list of about 75 Triumph riders in the area that have expressed interest in attending RAT events.  In reality, we rarely have more than 5 people show up for anything we schedule.  Santa Cruz RAT routinely has turnouts of 25-50 or more and they meet monthly with lots of rides and overnite trips planned.  It's really up to to local chapters to generate interest and motivate their membership to participate.  Without a loyal membership, it's virtually impossible to improve the quality of the pack.  Some dealers are more committed than others and I'm sorry your local dealer hasn't made an effort to 'recruit' a membership.  If you want to start a RAT pack in your area, contact Greg Casey at !
TOA and he can help you get started.  Please contact me off list, and I'll provide you with his email address.

Evan Taylor
East Bay RAT Pack
99 Red ST
'Rat Dawg'