petrol warning light

 I go for petrol either before 170 or as soon as possible.  On returning
from Dover after after a trip over to Benelux at the weekend, I ended up
refilling well after the light had come on at 172 miles, because there are
no damned petrol stations on the M20 and forgot to fill up at Calais or
Dover.  I'd been going at between 110 to 120 average speeds on the Dutch,
Belgique and French roads and slurped up the petrol.  I can normally do
between 195 and 210 before the light comes on if doing between 70 and 90mph.
Interestingly, my Johns' Trophy went onto reserve before my orange light
came on and we filled up at the same time.  His tank holds more than mine as
well. Combrogi Ann