Re: RAT Pack

Ken Mitchell wrote:

> From: jay levine <levine98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Does anyone have any notion why the RAT thing is so lame?  Is it lack of
> >brand identification, poorly administered, lack of dealer involvement, or
> >too early in the product/brand lifecycle to have a significant following?
>
> I don't know what area you are in, Jay, but we seem to have some degree of
> apathy about the R.A.T. here in the New England area also. The dealer I
> bought my bike from has done zero, I haven't heard boo from him. A more
> local dealer has at least mentioned events to me, but I don't even know what
> "Pack" I'm supposed to in!

I think this may also have to do with the low numbers of bikes in the NE. I know
it is rare that I see another ST on the road not to mention any other Triumph. As
with you my bike shop doesn't do much with Triumph's but I know Performance in
Srewsbury has quite a few rides. I believe they have a show an go just about every
weekend on Sundays. I think a shops involvement with Triumph has more to do with
having someone in the shop take an interest in organizing events. Most shops are
just getting into Triumph and the employees are already heavily involved in more
established marks. It mostly boils down to if they have an Eric in stock.

> I'm not going to be critical because I've yet to ride with any of the area
> members. (Eat yes, ride, no.) I've asked if anyone on this list is attending
> the New England B&B Run on Sept. 7-10, got one response, and he cannot
> attend. The Inn told me when I registered (8/18) that there were only 8
> other R.A.T. guests registered. Poor response? I don't know.

This may also have to do with work ethic/requiremnet here where there is more work
to be done than 5 days allow. Then the one day you usually have has to be packed
with family and house work. The Vermont ride sounds like fun but I have
commitments.

> I'll be watching this space to see if anyone else has stronger R.A.T. packs
> out there. This area is still a big ???
>
> Ken M.

Maybe we will run into each other some time.

Neil
99 ST - Shadow